HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 29th

Good last Tuesday of September!

This hasn’t exactly been a great month for me, and many of us have faced adversities in the past few weeks, but there are two days left to this month and we can make the best of it.

Yesterday, I left our car at a body shop to repair the damages from a resident backing into our car while parking at the residence where David works. We have a loaner car for the week and it always feels strange to me driving another car. We will get our car back on Monday.

Yesterday as well, David did not get the news he was hoping for at his six-month diabetes check-in. The good news is that our primary nurse practitioner is back from mat leave, so that will ensure more stable follow-ups. But his latest blood tests show that his cholesterol has gone up, and his HbA1C blood sugar results remained the same. The goal is to get him under 6.5%, and he remained at 6.6%. As well, he gained back some of the weight that he had lost. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago about the dangers of slipping back into bad habits and his nutrition not being on plan, so these results weren’t exactly a surprise to him, but he was still taken aback and unhappy. I tried to encourage him by reminding him of all that he had accomplished after he received his diagnosis and how he can get back to that. I’ll do my best to help him along the way, while trying to do the same for myself.

I finally got confirmation from our new boss that I will be able to do 2 half days per week in the office while Bilbo is still a puppy. This new hybrid work model will start next week. I’m thankful that they were accommodating but still unhappy about the entire thing.

Looking forward to reading about your day. Have a great one 🙂