Creator Check-In! What Have I Been Up To?

Good morning, FB Family! 

It’s about time I check-in with you! What have I been up to? Running, dabbling in half marathons again, lifting heavy, training for Hyrox events, and collaborating with Brian on a 10-day challenge…I know that last bit is the most exciting to you! 

It’s true, Brian and I have been working together to create a brand new 2-trainer, 10-day challenge inspired by his Strength and Cardio trainer series and my Powerful with Tasha challenge. Muscle & Power launches on October 4 and we can’t wait to share it with you! It also kicks off a series of 2-trainer challenges but you’ll hear even more about that soon enough. 

Muscle & Power includes strength training (hypertrophy and heavy lifting), power training (explosiveness), targeted core work (some weighted!), and a complementary blend of cardio/HIIT. Brian and I wanted to create a challenge that was not only an extension of our previous content but also a blueprint of sorts for helping you develop the freedom and capabilities to move your bodies in any way you like. Being able to pick up heavier weights, move agilely with a quickness, and maintain your stamina are all feats of fitness that allow you to jump into different activities without hesitation. That sense of freedom and self-efficacy (feeling capable!) are two of the main reasons I train for performance and improving everyday movement. For example, I love jumping into races knowing that I have a relatively high baseline of fitness. The picture with this post is from a half marathon I recently completed as part of my ongoing training to improve my running speed and endurance. I wasn’t at “peak fitness” to complete this race nor was I super focused on training for it. But I had enough maintenance fitness to hop in and complete it with confidence! (And enough common sense to know that I needed to walk most of the aggressive hills, lol.) 

I hope you enjoy Muscle & Power just as much as Brian and I enjoyed creating it! A little behind the scenes note: I filmed the workouts in this challenge about a week after completing my second doubles Hyrox and was still feeling every bit of the recovery needed from that race haha. But I adjusted my weights accordingly! Can I just say that this is huge growth on my part? Lifting based on effort/current circumstances versus ego - that’s progress! 

What have you all been up to? We’re about to enter the last quarter of the year - what are some of your training goals? 

See you on the screen (very soon!), 

-Tasha