Perspiration Pals Tuesday April 23, 2024

Hello, lovelies, and Happy Tuesday! As the meme might suggest I am currently in the land of Italy. We made it to Genoa yesterday after starting our day at 3 AM and we were knackered.

We had the misfortune of landing on a day when trains were on strike and it was raining cats, dogs, weasels, bunnies and whatever else the sky could throw at you. It was quite chaotic finding the bus that took us from Milan airport to the city center, the bus took 1.5 hrs instead of 50 minutes cause no trains means heavy traffic and there was a lady behind me super mad that she had to pay a ticket for her kid to have their own seat instead of riding on her lap when there were at least another 2 bus fulls worth of people left behind and by this time it was barely noon. Also said kid kept kicking my seat without being reprimanded so my sympathy was low to non existent.

The ride from Milan to Genoa was stunning, I had no idea we were going through mountains. I saw 10-20 story high apartment buildings perched on mountain tops. I saw 90 year old tunnels under the mountains that Romania will probably not get for another 50 years, if that. Reader, my mind was blown.

In the end we made it to Genoa at 3PM just in time for all the restaurants to close for the afternoon. To say we were hungry would be a massive understatement. We scrounged up a meal from a bodega, had a look around, and I fell asleep at 6PM and proceeded to sleep for 14 hours. Currently getting ready to go take a proper look at the city and the port and hopefully a proper meal will be easier to come by.

Ok, folks, I have written a ton and haven’t even gotten to how there are prostitutes everywhere. At first I thought I was hallucinating women smiling at my partner but by the third 15cm heels + tight ultra mini skirt combo I saw, I knew what was up. So yeah, prostitution is very legal, visible and protected here. We are in the center of town, not in its seedy ubderbelly. I can only hope they make good money cause those shoes look like torture implements.

Ok, my novel is done, hope it was entertaining. Let me know what you are all up to and have a great day!