HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 15th πŸ‘Ÿ

Happy Monday, blendfriends! I wrote this on Sunday night because Monday will be the first day of what promises to be a pretty intense week. We're preparing a big event for work, which happens next week. Lots of details to iron out so that it all comes off smoothly. And I want to work a few kinks out of my neck and back, still, though they're much better. Before bed I did a bit of freestyle stretching; I've got a pretty good sense of what works, at this point! But I've got an encouraging thought for today: β€œYou don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” (Martin Luther King, Jr.)

This is a good one for everyone starting the new program, for CK as you support your daughter, for Julia heading into what I hope will be a much better week, for Martine strengthening that pesky ankle... we'll get through that first step and build on it! So I'll thank last night's me for making my first step easy, I can get this thread started and give the extra time to stretching and mobility. Also thanking yesterday's me for the leftover pizza we'll have for lunch, leaving me all my concentration for a big day at work. Finalizing the planning documents and working on a couple group presentations that need to be wrapped up by the end of the day; I want to shut the door on work at 5pm so I will have the mental space to practice my music. We've got an intensive (4-hour) rehearsal next Sunday. But it's not time to think about that just yet... first step!

Wishing everyone a good, solid start to the week.

PS the picture is from a vacation hike in the "Canyon des portes de l'enfer", which was a beautiful place to spend a day in nature, despite the name πŸ˜†

Edited