A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Day 5/30: Eating Unprocessed Food and Cooking More

Hello! I went to a conference and was able to eat 3 meals a day at decent times!

For breakfast, I had dinner leftovers and coffee with cinnamon and sugar, but just 1/4th of a cup since I get side effects. I had little sleep the prior night, so still noticed the trend of only having coffee when I'm tired. The time was somewhere between 9-10.

For lunch, I had mashed potatoes, roasted chicken, and zucchini pasta. I didn't make this - had it at a lunch party. I did have a piece of chocolate cake, but had it with coffee again. Ate lunch between 11:30 - 1.

At this point, I'm noticing the trend that I normally hate coffee, but need it when I don't sleep. And I hate having coffee by itself and so I have sugar with it, whether in the form of literal sugar or chocolate.

I had lemonade with black tea at 4 (probably 6-8 Oz), then had a piece of thin pizza and a cheese enchilada at 6 for happy hour.

I cooked dinner and made an omelette at 7/8 because I wanted something healthier than happy hour. Definitely wanted more vegetables, so the omelette had a cup of arugula, 12 grams of pepper jack cheese, a cup of mushrooms, and 2 eggs.

I've been salting my food more and it's definitely getting more delicious! Everything tastes much better with salt; the lunch was disgusting until I added copious amounts of salt.

For tomorrow, I'll be back in the office and will aim to again have 3 meals. And attempt to get 7-ish hours of sleep tonight. The food at the office is incredibly gross, but I forgot to make meal prepped food. My perishables are nearly done, so I'm waiting for that to be over until then.

I do have some cooked salmon/chicken that's frozen that I could defrost and use as protein tomorrow, but the only reason why it's frozen is it because it was so disgusting.

I have lunch with coworkers tomorrow, so I'll probably have to eat lunch at the cafeteria, but I'll make an omelette or get the Starbucks egg whites for breakfast tomorrow.

How do you prepare breakfast when you have to drive into the office? I'm not a morning person, so always end up skipping breakfast and then binging after work. I'm noticing that having breakfast leads to better decisions, but I don't want to make breakfast.

And also, have you ever had straight black coffee without sugar? I feel like it's so ingrained to have coffee and a pastry at this point