Perspiration Pals 11 April 2024

Hello Pals! How are you today? I hope you were chatting amongst yourselves yesterday because I was a terrible host. Again. Anyway, it’s little Friday aka Thursday and it’s another bright, bright sunshiny day. Hopefully, it won’t be a hot, hot sunshiny day.

I started the day by doing a nice (bit tough) lower-body routine with Erica and as usual I went on to practise push-ups. I decided to do eccentric push-ups first and there it was. Pain in the shoulder. I adjusted my form the way muscle guy in the video told me but the pain was still there. Maybe this whole push-up endeavour is a bit stupid. 8 years ago, I felt invincible and I saw real results and now my body and mind are out of sync. My body is sabotaging my efforts while my mind still wants to believe that my body can learn something it has never been able to do… We’ll see. This is not a pity party, don’t misunderstand me, I’m just trying to adjust to peri/menopause and it’s not easy. So to comfort myself, I carried that 19-litre water bottle (that nobody even wants to lift) on my shoulder just to look like a badass. There.

Anyway, let’s move on to our fact finder fragment. We have already talked about these creatures so this will be a fill-in-the gap exercise but did you know that one of the oldest species of animals still with us are the ………………….who appeared 445 million years ago. They survived for 75 % of the entire span of animal life on the planet. Clue: they have blue blood. Also did you know that the Moon gets hit by over 2800 kg (6000 pounds) of meteor material per day? No wonder it looks so battered.

All right, Pals, I must go now, be good if you can, and buy a book (random piece of advice).