A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Day 4/30: Eating Unprocessed Food and Cooking More

Hi! I ate much better today, but maybe not enough? Unsure.

But I had breakfast at a normal hour - 9ish, but it was more or less just leftovers from last night. I didn't eat that much because I never really get hungry during the work-day.

Then I went to work and got egg whites from Starbucks, which I had at 12.

Then I got a Bundt cake after a long commute, then had a cathartic/stressfull therapy session, and I had the Bundt cake (bundlet, not full Bundt cake).

Then I went back to eating leftovers. I did some Pilates and foam rolling since I still am having calf issues.

Interestingly, I had the Bundt purely because I needed to go back to being professional and calm for a meeting with a coworker. So I used the Bundt cake to go from being emotional and sad to going into work mode in 10 minutes. It worked, but still processed.

But so much better than only cookies, thank goodness! But I would like more calories to come from nutritious food and not a Bundt cake with... I like eating cold leftovers, weirdly. I should probably look into meal prepping since I do seem to like this recipe, but I'm too tired to cook within the work day.

I'm going to a conference tomorrow and will be eating high protein food, as well as eating the leftover thing for tomorrow morning. I think I like it a lot because it's acidic? I noticed that eating acidic things (lots of lemon) leads to less interest in sweets.

I drank 90 Oz of water, so definitely improved there! I'll aim for eating 3x a day tomorrow at normal-ish times, I think that's a doable goal for this week instead of attempting to cook every meal from scratch.

I had very little sleep and usually tend to binge eat during the work day when I do that, but I think that drinking more water and limiting coffee to just in the morning (black coffee and cinnamon) helped to avoid a full-on binge session.

Edited