Perspiration Pals 10 April 2024

Hello there, Pals! Have you seen the eclipse? It’s a bright sunshiny day and fortunately the temperature has dropped a little, which is great, because I was on the verge of a ‘I hate the heat’ meltdown. People haven been walking around wearing T shirts and shorts for the past week and it’s NOT normal. Mind you, the list of ‘NOT normal’ is getting longer and longer.

I started doing one of the Abs programs (probably the latest, I’m too lazy to check now) with the aim of practising push-ups since the routines are a lot shorter than the ones in the new Fit program which I finished last week. So far all I’ve managed to do is get my upper-body muscles so sore that I can hardly move. Right now, even though I’ve watched several videos about how to do proper push-ups, (some of them sounded more like a geometry lesson rather than a video about exercise) it’s hard to believe that one day, as a 48-and-a-half-year-old woman staring menopause muscle loss in the face, I’ll be able to do at least 5 decent push-ups. Hard to believe.. The fact that most of these videos have been made by muscular guys and women half my age (or at least 15 years my junior) doesn’t help at all. I haven’t given up yet so that’s something.

Let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment instead of my weak upper body. Did you know that a whole orange will float on water but a peeled orange will sink? Do you know why? Well, because the rind is filled with tiny pockets of air. Also, did you know that the only difference between fog and mist is visibility? If you can’t see more than 100 metres ahead it’s fog, not mist.

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, have an easy day and don’t worry about dust. (random piece of advice)

PS, that little green sweetness is my plant’s kid who’s grown a lot in the past month. It’s amazing really.