A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Day 2/30: Eating Unprocessed Food and Cooking More

Hi! Thank you for the lovely comments on the prior post! I wish I had seen them all throughout the day, but appreciate it!

I’ve been having a very hard work day and personal day today, so ended up having 8 cookies and coffee today. The ingredients are clean-ish, but this is probably the lowest for me on processed food. I’ve never just had cookies 🤦‍♀️.

I’ve been too stressed out, so I decided to take a mental health “half day” off tomorrow to clean, do laundry, run errands, and find 1 recipe to make (before my perishables expire).

It’s very annoying how no matter what job you start, you’ll deal with an awful manager. Had very late nights all last week, now a deliverable at the end of this week and micromanaging meetings every day until it’s delivered. I don’t handle micromanaging well and I think I’ve been eating to control my anger.

It’s not sadness or boredom, it’s because I get angry and have to control myself to not say anything about how I feel, and so the easiest way to do that at work is to just eat…cookies. I gained weight from binging, but I think it’s been from trying to avoid anger.

But then after work, I’m jittery and anxious and depressed from not eating anything nutritious. It’s definitely not great.

I’m speaking with my therapist and reading about better anger management methods. I would normally walk away and cool down, but I sit next to my managers and they annoy me.

I definitely do need to handle work stress better, so I did apply to 2 roles today. Anger is an interesting emotion - I find that I’m productive and take action, but I also can overeat and get too stressed out.

I did Pilates in the morning before work and forgot to eat 🤦‍♀️. I’m taking PTO since I’m definitely not balanced in my work/life this week.

How do you handle anger/stress in the moment in a healthy manner? I do like walking, but I’m stuck in meetings and it’s easier to pop cookies in the oven and go.

Goal is to go to Pilates earlier, go in for checkup, do laundry, dishes, clean tub/sink, de-clutter clothes by looking to give some away.