A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Day 1/30 of Eating Clean: Avoiding Ultra-Processed Food

Hi!

I've noticed that every time I post about eating healthier on here, I do! I've been trying to reduce my ultra-processed food addiction. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got a dietitian and have still been eating a lot of added sugar, even with guidance.

Goal is to hopefully be cooking meals and eating more protein/vegetables! It's pretty bad right now with ultra-processed food with nearly every meal. I do Reformer Pilates and teach dance almost every day, so have been seeing a lot of physical changes, but to get to the next level, I do need to reduce ultra-processed Food and just clean more to see better results. Sooo... this is my starting diet and unfortunately standard diet:

Breakfast at 12: French Vanilla Latte (20 Oz), Double Chocolate Brownie, Egg and Cheese Sandwich

Lunch/Dinner at 6: Oreo Marshmallow Crepe, Strawberry Lemonade

I think my food timing is off - I did Pilates from 9-10, then didn't have anything afterwards. I also didn't drink much water.

Goal tomorrow is to have 3 meals and one snack. I think a more regular eating schedule would be better. And to also eat a protein + carb with water IMMEDIATELY after exercising, since I was lethargic because of forgetting to eat.

I workout either at 8:30/9 every day or 4:30/6:30 PM (depending on work schedule). I'm teaching dance tomorrow at 4:30 and doing Reformer at 8:30, so probably 1.5 hours of exercise, which definitely means that I'll have to figure out how to eat to support that. And hopefully at least make an omelette and try a fish recipe!