Perspiration Pals 4 April 2024

Hello there, Pals! How are you today? The weather is absolutely beautiful. Of course it is. I have to work. It’ll rain the moment I set foot outside. The office is relatively quiet now and I’m so tired I might nod off…

It was particularly difficult to get up this morning. I really hate this stupid daylight-saving nonsense. I still haven’t been able to adapt… I did Day 25 of the Fit program which was a long upper-body routine. I’m so sore all over I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it but somehow I pushed through. I think I’ll schedule one of the Abs programs because I have a plan. I want to be able to learn to do push ups properly so I need shorter routines so that I can practise every day. Oh, by the way, something funny happened last Friday while I was doing that extra long and tough Tasha workout. I always listen to music while working out and so I was doing jumping jacks listening to Split Screen by Kings of Leon when suddenly I heard ‘…doing jumping jacks in the basement…’. Well, I wasn’t in the basement but I WAS doing jumping jacks. It was such a funny coincidence. I could have been listening to any other song (I have over 300 songs on my favourite list) but it was this particular song and that particular line while I was doing jumping jacks.

Moving on to our fact-finder fragment, did you know that scientists at the University of Alberta spent seven years working out that human urine contains 3,079 different chemical compounds? Definitely not just a simple waste product… Also, completely unrelated but did you know that the two parts to the word “helicopter” are “helico” meaning spiral, and “pter” meaning one with wings, like pterodactyl?

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, feel free to talk amongst yourselves and don’t forget to close the windows before you leave home (random piece of advice).