Weekend Check-in đź‘»: March 31st

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Blendies! And happy Easter to those who are celebrating!

Oh, and to my Dutch Blendies, Lea and Anne, guess who ordered herself some Dutch salty licorice and is ready to have a new kryptonite? 🙋🏽‍♀️

Before I get to rambling *too* much, tell me what workout plans you’ve got for today. Maybe you’re hiking like Cabob? Walking for hours on end like Lea? Or is is a total rest day a la Inge before you torture yourself with level 5 ab workouts during this upcoming week? It’s a rest day here. My whole body is sore after the last two days of lifting.

What about food? We are going to our pastor’s house for Easter dinner. I’m bringing salad and maple roasted carrots, and some lentil “meatloaf” for myself.

Got another question for ya. Feel free to skip. One of my boys has recently sworn off all food containing any sort of dye, which thrills me. I generally stay away from it, but am sometimes willing to compromise on that for the sake of my beloved gummy candy. There are, however, ingredients that I always look for when reading food labels and avoid: partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup (but again, sometimes I just need the gummy candy!); BHT, disodium EDTA; and I’m starting to incorporate more natural cosmetics and body care things. What are some ingredients you really make the effort to stay away from? Or are you lucky enough to live in Europe where many of these things are banned? And you know what? Maybe you don’t really worry about it any of it! I’m just curious!

That’s enough outta me. I leave you with a pic of a flowering pear tree on my street. Thanks for putting up with me!

***ALL are welcome here, whether to check-in, just wave and say hi, whatever you want to share. We’re happy to have you!