Weekend Ghostess: Sat, March 23rd

Bonjour les filles,

How are you on this first day of the weekend? Super happy of course because your most favorite ghostess is ... well, ghosting today. Duh!! So grab that coffee and make sure you've got nothing urgent going on because we're off for a long ride...

We've got yet again another sunny day here albeit with a lot lower temps, only 12C (53F) compared to the 25C (77F) from yesterday. But it's not raining yet so I'm happy. I've got my washing machine doing another laundry - curtesy of Yuna because that woman thinks she needs to wear every item in her wardrobe every week just so she can have it washed by yours truly!! My chores are done, so I'm ready to tackle this check in.

Off we go.... Let's talk workouts first. I'm gonna surprise Lea again here and reveal that yep, I did actually do a workout, it was active recovery and I most definitely needed it after that 70 min torture by Tasha yesterday. So when I saw there was some lighter stuff scheduled for Day 20 of Fit4, I decided to roll out my mat and do some stretching.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/bodyweight-active-recovery-circuit-low-impact-exercises-with-extended-stretching-cool-down?scheduledDate=2024-03-23

But what about you ladies? Are you doing anything? Maybe doing Day whatever in the program or challenge you're currently following? Having a rest day? Going for a walk in regular shoes again instead of a boot, working in the garden? Whatever it is, let us know.

And what about food? We're having pork chops with baked potatoes and I'll be raiding my freezer for some veggies. Or.... you could always give me some ideas of course. So come on ladies, put those brains to work!!!

Hmm, I guess it's about time to come up with my question, I've actually had to think real hard - which is extremely difficult when your brain is the size of a pea - to come up with something. So I'm going deep here and ask:

Tell us - if you want to of course - about an event or a moment in your life that stayed with you. It can be something happy, sad, funny, whatever. You can even totally ignore this question and just tell us about your day. That can be an event in itself.

For me it would be something sad unfortunately. When i was in Afghanistan in 2008, a group of Brits came under attack. They rushed into our compound with their gravely wounded but sadly one of them didn't make it. But what made it unforgetable for me was the hearse driving from the hospital to the C130 at a super slow speed through the compound where the fallen soldier was saluted by each and every one of us along the road as he passed by. My hubs warned me before I left for my mission that I would come back changed, and he was right. Things like that sure make you value life a bit more. Of course I've also had happy moments that stayed by me like both births of my girls, but that one event dug deep. To this day I still tear up when I hear 'Hymn to the Fallen Soldier'.

Anyways, sorry for the sad part, I hope I haven't brought down the mood too much. Maybe I can cheer you up again with a picture.

I know you ladies expected a picture of some crochet thing, but alas I'm not finished yet. I hope to assemble everything today and then maybe I can post a pic tomorrow. No promises tho!!

So I'll leave you with one of our cherry tree in the front garden that's in full bloom.

Thanks for reading my book, and I'll pop in from time to time to check for answers.

Have a great day you all!!🥰

*Did you know we're a really friendly bunch of ladies that would love to hear your stories? Well, you do now, so stop lurking and join in. We promise not to bite.*