Perspiration Pals 21 March 2024

Hello Pals! I couldn’t even read your replies yesterday and here I am starting the new thread. I’m a terrible host. It’s like we have this little party and I sneak off into my bedroom to be alone while you’re entertaining one another… It’s very similar to a real-life scenario that happened about 17 years ago. My friends and I were at my place and they started chatting about wedding plans. I hate weddings so half-way through the conversation I was contemplating sneaking out of the room but then I realised it was MY room…

Anyway, I started the day by doing Day 11 of the surprise soreness session alias Fit 4. Whenever I see Tasha’s name next to ‘lower body’ I get apprehensive. But since I’m almost half-way through the program I know I’ll be able to do it. Unless I get injured or ill. There’s a virus (or viruses) going around again.

OK, let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment. Did you know that people who eat dark chocolate are less likely to be depressed, a large study found. Yees… keep encouraging people to eat more chocolate when cocoa plantations are already struggling to keep up with the demands of people who think they can’t exist without chocolate. Hypocrite said the rational side of my brain. Also, did you know that in 2006 baguettes were simultaneously placed on the ground in both Spain and New Zealand creating the first verified ‘Earth Sandwich? And finally, a music fact. Did you know that the song Miserere was composed by Gregorio Allegri during the reign of Pope Urban VIII, probably during the 1630s for use in the Sistine Chapel. At some point, it became forbidden to transcribe the music and it was allowed to be performed only at some particular services, thus adding to the mystery surrounding it. Writing it down or performing it elsewhere was punishable by excommunication. The 14-year-old Mozart listened to the piece two times, transcribed it from memory, and produced the first unauthorised copy of the song. Here’s an excerpt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mq3UDdLfqk

All right, Pals, I need to go now, be good if you can and don’t forget to remember things.

PS, yes, flowers again. Chaenomeles is the name.