Perspiration Pals 20 March 2024

Hi there, Pals. I’ll be really short today (and probably tomorrow) because my workplace wants me dead. Literally, or just dead inside, makes no difference to them. A colleague of mine has got the flu or some other upper-respiratory illness, the point is, I have to fill in for her for a couple of days.

Anyway, I started the second week of Fit Round 4 on Monday and I’ve already swapped two routines for slightly shorter ones… I didn’t swap any last week. Hopefully, I’ll be feeling less overwhelmed next week. I only refer to this program as the surprise soreness session as I never know where I’ll be sore next. But I do like it! How about you?

I found my shamrock pin I probably got somewhere in Ireland back in 1522 when I was young and hopeful. It was in a drawer. My shamrock pin, not my youth and hope. So I thought I’d find some clover-related facts for our fact-finder fragment. Do you know what the difference is between four-leaf clovers and shamrocks? I’ll tell you. A shamrock is a clover that only has three leaves, which is far less rare to find than a four-leaf clover and therefore not as lucky. In fact, there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every four-leaf clover, so shamrocks are much more common. Clovers first appeared in centuries-old Druid legends as symbols of good luck, way back in the very early days of Ireland. According to legend, Celtic priests believed that they could detect evil spirits when carrying a three-leaf clover or shamrock, while four-leaf clovers were Celtic charms thought to provide magical protection and ward off bad luck. So when was the last time you found a four-leaf clover?

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, please mingle and talk amongst yourselves. Have some biscuits/cookies but please don’t let the crumbs fall all over the place. They might attract ants and then I’d have to come up with some random facts about ants.

PS, yes, it’s flowers again… sorry but I love them.