Hard work… but what a sense of achievement!

Today we really fancied a nice, not overly long, hike along the coastal path of the Jurassic Coast, UK. The views are always amazing…. Well, not always, I guess! When we got there, the sea mist was coming in and the usual beautiful views were basically non-existent! But… the sun was trying to get through so we decided to keep going.

I adore mud, but after an 11k hike, of which 8k was MUDDIER than muddy…. even I wasn’t so much in love with mud anymore. About 20 minutes into our hike, I was over my ankles deep in mud, with it seeping into my walking boot. And worse was to come! Try walking down a steep muddy slope, you are right: impossible, so that was my first fall down and slide on my booty. Up some very steep muddy bits was only possible by grasping at tufts of grass on the side of the path and on my knees! The fields were waterlogged, there were diversions on the path because of some landslides… but all in all a wonderful hike! Mind you, I think I will wait for the summer before I attempt that hike again!

And definitely a sense of achievement after three hours of ploughing through the mud. We did it in those conditions, yes!

Photo collage shows the mud, but more so the beauty of it all….

Edited