Perspiration Pals 7 March 2024

Hello Pals! Thank you for your kind replies yesterday, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. It’s not gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day and I had another ‘why can’t I just get a break from being ugly’ moment in the morning. I blame my hormones. So I started reading a book about hormones by Max Nieuwdorp and I recommend it to everyone because it’s a fascinating topic. The original language is Dutch but I don’t know it it’s available in English. It probably is. (Of course, I’m not reading it in Dutch…)

I started the day by doing a 4-flame (which should be a 5-flame) routine with Brian. It tortured my glutes and hamstrings but not my soul. I don’t know why I’m worried about doing the new Fit program. I’ve been doing 48-minute routines for weeks now...

Why don’t we move on to our fact-finder fragment? For example, did you know that helium has the ability to work against gravity? When helium is cooled to near-absolute zero temperatures (-460 degrees Fahrenheit or -273 degrees Celsius), it becomes a superfluid, which means it can flow without friction. Also, completely unrelated but did you know that wearing headphones for an hour multiplies the bacteria in your ear by 700? Bacteria are having wild parties in my ears then… I mean I have to wear them. I wouldn’t be able to tolerate public transport without them. Bonus fact, did you know that cats have over 100 vocal sounds, whereas dogs only have about ten?

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, have an easy day and don’t forget to pronounce the letter ‘h’ in the word ‘herb’.

PS, the little plant on the right is my new flatmate the one on the right is her (yes, her) mother from our office and it seems that Zaphod (my other plant) IS really a boy… Well, no. That’s Zaphod’s little brother. I was so chuffed when I noticed this new little shoot.