Perspiration Pals 6 March 2024

Hi there, Pals! How are you? First things first, I just want you to know that when I don’t respond to your thread when it’s not my turn to start it, it’s not because I don’t want to engage with you. I’ve just been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately by having to ‘be on’ all the time. I have to be present (in the moment) at work and then there's this constant messaging… why oh why do we do that to ourselves? Texting, silly videos, GIFs, etc. It’s so tiring. Or am I the only one who would like to be offline sometimes? And by sometimes I mean most of the time.

Anyway, I’m about to finish Flex ….. this week and I scheduled the new Fit program because I want to have a lot of workout buddies and Daniel is doing it too… but most of the routines are rather long and I just can’t face getting up even earlier. Still, I think I’ll give it a go because the ‘swap’ feature is my friend. Today’s workout was a long Tasha upper-body routine and I can get so frustrated and angry with myself for not being able to do proper push-ups. I know that the only way to improve is to practise but that would involve adding another couple of minutes to my morning routine which is not an option. Or maybe I should schedule my practice sessions for the weekend. I’ve just made myself laugh there. So who’s doing the new Fit program?

Let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment. For example, did you know that Continents shift at about the same rate as your fingernails grow? Although I think the rate fingernails grow can vary from person to person…Also, did you know that California has more people than all of Canada? (I might have mentioned this fact before, I can’t remember.) I suppose it’s easier to be polite when you don’t constantly bump into someone. And did you know that the smell of rain has a name: petrichor. It’s often described as fresh and earthy.

All right, Pals, I need to go now, have an easy day and wear your favourite perfume if you have one. (random piece of advice.)

Speaking of perfume, I took this picture of violets because they smelled heavenly, although that’s an illogical reason to take pictures of flowers.