HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group March 2nd

Good Saturday morning and happy month of March! Even though this month can surprise us with a snow storm or two here, there is something uplifting just thinking about the start of spring and the rebirth of nature.

Looking back on last month, I am disappointed in not reaching many of my goals. I let the fact that I couldn’t go walking pull me down, and I let it affect other aspects of my life. I did not get back on track with my nutrition as quickly as I had hoped after indulging in some extra food during the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day. And I exercised an average of twice per week only. So my weight stayed the same and it feels like a missed opportunity.

I used the last week of February to reassess where I was and what I was doing/not doing. Last month wasn’t a total failure, I did complete a challenge at work and a few challenging FB workouts that left me sore. No sense in dwelling on what didn’t happen. Time to move forward.

I’ll be making a spring cleaning list for each room in our apartment today. Are you one to scrub everything down come spring? In the past, David and I have struggled to make it through our list, but I have made this one of my goals for this month. It will mean extra movement in my life. I also plan to complete 2 2-week FB challenges, continue my daily PT exercises and stretches, and get used to walking with my ankle brace for small distances to start with.

What are you most looking forward to during this new month? It can be achieving a goal, a celebration coming up, travelling. The thing that I am most excited about is attending the World Figure Skating Championships in Montréal in three weeks. I was supposed to go in 2020, but we all know what happened then. I have tickets for two full days, plus the tickets that were given to me by a group of managers to celebrate my 25 years of service. Events finish late in the day, I’ll have to find a way to stay awake past 7:30pm 🤣

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and month! 🙂