HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 24th

Good Saturday morning! Temperatures were above the freezing point yesterday but they plummeted overnight, so it’s now -22°C/-8°F with the windchill factor. At least it will be a sunny day and these freezing temperatures are supposed to last only 24 hours.

So I received the results of my medical tests yesterday and some things are great (no diabetes, cholesterol levels are good) and a couple of things are not so great, like my kidneys not functioning at 100% capacity. It seems that I have developed the same condition as our dog Loki, where my kidneys are letting some protein and albumine through. My doctor thinks this might be related to my high diastolic pressure. She wants me to do another test in 6 weeks and keep tracking my blood pressure in the meantime, to see if the lifestyle changes that I am implementing will bring it down. If there’s no change, then I will have to start a low dose of blood pressure medicine.

I am working hard to make healthy changes in my life, and my test results make me want to work harder to get my blood pressure in check. I’m doing a lot of the right things already, I know I can focus on other aspects of my health as well (reducing my salt consumption, reducing stress). I can do this.

To be honest, I had a bit of a self-pity party yesterday, where my mind was all over the place after receiving my test results. I am refocusing this morning. I have a great upper body strength workout from Daniel on my calendar, one from my growing “Try later” list. And I am keeping up with the PT routine that I found online for my ankle and foot. But I think that I may need an ankle brace and/or store-bought orthotics. It might be worth a small investment, considering that this problem is recurring.

Enough about my health woes. What have you planned for this day? Does it include a good workout? Any fun and/or interesting activity on your calendar? I’ll de donating blood for the third time this morning, and we’ll be going out to eat at a thaï restaurant for our last-Saturday-of-the-month date night. Those will be the highlights of my day.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 🙂