HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 23rd

Hello, team, and Happy Friday! Hope the end of the week is treating you well. I am free from work today and feeling more relaxed than I have in months. There’s something about getting to chill while everyone else is getting on with their work day, don’t you think?

Today’s quote spoke to me because I truly think the only true failure is failing to learn from our mistakes. Even a success can turn into a failure if we don’t understand what brought on the success in the first place - we will fail to replicate it.

Ok, enough philosophy. I’m in a better mood than usual cause I had a first interview with a company yesterday and I progressed to the next step. It was a culture fit discussion, nothing technical yet, but I liked that it was a two way conversation rather than me being bombarded with questions. It’s a much smaller company than the huge multinationals I’ve worked for until now and I think it would be a good change, they seem to run a tighter and more focused ship. We’ll see, I’ll take preparation more seriously this time because my current company is determined to make my head explode with rage.

I found out this week that a manager that has been nothing but a thorn in our side is claiming our work as their own and not mentioning our contribution in any way and I am so done with corporate politics. Our director, who is enabling that manager, is acting like a virgin on their wedding night, claiming they had no idea and i just want to throw some creative swear words in his stupid face. Ugh, I am zen, I am relaxed. Stopping the rant.

Other than that, I am meeting friends for dinner this evening and that’s about it, the weekend is wide open. Did some kickboxing with Erica and I’ll change the sheets and do some laundry in a bit. Speaking of food, we once discussed Georgian cuisine on here and most of us were not very familiar. Here’s Beryl trying out some recommendations, I can attest that most of those are on the menu for our local restaurant:

https://youtu.be/iWIdh23dORc?si=NxpvJuOC-p0-ZnpW

Ok, enough babbling, I’ll go. Please let me know what is going on with you and remember to have a great day!