Perspiration Pals 22 February 2024

Hello Pals? How are you? My mood is better now but it’s a roller coaster so I’m holding on to the over-the-shoulder restraints. It’s a nice, albeit quite cold, spring morning and I must admit, winter was a disappointment. No crunchy snow, you the kind that muffles all the noise and makes you want to stick your tongue out to catch the snowflakes, no snow-covered branches and I could continue but let’s move on to exercise instead. My colleague has just told me some good news about something she’s been struggling with and now I’m happy. (so much for ‘oh, I don’t want to get involved in their lives’…)

Anyway, I started the day with a nice Tasha lower-body routine and I know that after tomorrow’s upper-body workout I’m going to be SORE all over my body. That’s the only kind of pain I don’t mind at all.

After yesterday’s question, I’ll get back to your replies soon, let’s go back to a bit of fact-finder fragment. Did you know that your language affects your perception of time? Think of time as a line. Which direction does it flow? Is it horizontal or vertical? Or perhaps it is not a line at all for you. The answers to these questions may very well depend on what language you speak. For example, English speakers describe time as being in front or behind them, or as a horizontal line moving left to right. Mandarin speakers envision time as a vertical line where down represents the future. Also, there are citizens of the 22nd century already among us but they’re not time travellers. A child born this year, for example, will be in their 70s on New Year's Eve 2099. I’ll be 124 years old telling everybody that the secret of a long life is to avoid people.

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, have an easy day and don’t forget to water your houseplants. (random piece of advice)