Perspiration Pals 21 February 2024

Hi there, Pals! How are you today? I’m rather tense. I spent hours doing something at work yesterday which turned out to be unnecessary and it really frustrates me. Also, the boundaries I set regarding my relationship with my colleagues are crumbling, which is another source of frustration. I don’t want to be friends with them. I do like them, I think they are (not all of them but most of them) lovely but I don’t want to be involved in their personal lives. I’m getting more and more withdrawn and I know it’s not good but right now I’m struggling with crazy hormonal mood swings, very low self-esteem and other things and I just want to be left alone. I’ve been thinking about taking a break from posting here but to be honest, I really enjoy reading your replies and conversations. You’re a fun lot. 🙂

So let’s move on to something more uplifting than my low spirits. I still like working out, in fact, had it not been for the fact that I have to get up really, really early to do it, I’d say it’s the best coping mechanism I chose over 8 years ago. Anyway, I got up moaning and swearing, as usual, and then did a long and tough upper-body routine with Tasha. (The finisher made me angry with myself, though.) I’ve grown to love all our new ‘personal’ trainers and I can’t decide who I like best. I’m doing Flex Round 2, by the way. You?

Instead of our fact finder fragment I thought I’d ask you a question because we haven’t done that for a long time. Please feel free to chat amongst yourselves as usual. So my question is this: If you had the time/energy what sort of things would you like to learn? Would you like to learn to draw? Or knit? A new language perhaps? Archery? Writing? Juggling? Playing a musical instrument?

All right, Pals, have an easy day and appreciate your opposable thumbs. (random and often weird piece of advice)