first run after two months

Hey FB fam,

I'm here to share some of my happiness and appreciation for my body today.

After establishing a consistent running routine last year I didn't go for a run all of december and january. I was eager to start again but also a bit worried about how much stamina i'd lost in two months. So I went for a run this morning in a beautiful sunny forest and it went so smoothly as if I never took a break. I'm very proud of myself! It was only a short 20 min run but I felt I could aim for longer ones soon.

I started in Feb 23 with 90 s active, 2 min rest intervalls and worked my way up to a 40 min running intervall within several weeks. I used to hate running. I tried to start several times as a teenager. Always during summer break and always with the goal to come back to school with less body weight. Guess what, that wasn't a powerful 'why'! Now my 'why do I workout' isn't to punish myself for being too big anymore but to enjoy nature and enjoy feeling my body working. I really wished I could teach that to my 17 year old self 😅

So cheers to consistency, cheers to the joy of moving and cheers to new mud on my running shoes (attached a picture to prove it 😉)

What kind of movement brings you joy these days?

Edited