Perspiration Pals 31 January 2024

Hi there, Pals! It’s the end of the second month of winter and everybody around me keeps whinging about spring and summer and all I want is snow, cozy rooms with fireplaces, scented candles, fruitcake and…(people to stay away from me) but I digress. It’s a bright sunshiny day and I’ve just had lunch and it’s the middle of the week so, you know, it could be worse. I wanted to check in yesterday but I started watching Alina’s videos and time got away from me.

I always think that the person who came up with measuring time should’ve been severely punished (one Tasha routine followed by an Erica routine and finally a long strength training routine with Brian while Daniel keeps saying ‘almost’.) Speaking of, I started the day with Day 3 of Advanced (yeah) Strength with Brian. I definitely have sore muscles. How about you? Who else is working out with Brian?

Let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment. It’s going to be really random today because I didn’t do any previous research, I’ll just pick facts from my brain… scary. Anyway, did you know that the normal blood pressure of giraffes is 280/180? Also, did you know that they only sleep about half an hour a day in the wild? In captivity they sleep a lot more. They also have some odd mating habits but it’s for the late-night edition of Ppals.

There’s a plant called Euphorbia leuconeura which we call ‘spitting palm’ in Hungarian because it propagates by ‘spitting’ (shooting) its seeds. We have one here in the office and from time to time we hear the seeds land somewhere. It’s cute.

All right, Pals, have an easy day, sleep more than giraffes and eat some sugar-free peanut butter (random piece of advice).