Perspiration Pals 25 January 2024

Hi there, Pals! As usual, unfortunately, I couldn’t really get back to you yesterday (meaning: my procrastination streak is getting stronger than my muscles) but I’ll do my best to fix my shortcomings. I started the day by doing an upper-body routine with Kelli leaving my biceps a bit sore which is relatively rare… Apparently, I’ve done this routine 19 times before but when I checked the scheduled routine yesterday, I didn’t feel the need to swap it. I’m about to finish the Kickboxing challenge tomorrow so it’s time to think about what to do next.

I had a really strange dream. I was working at a school and one of my colleagues told me that we were expecting a visit from Julio Iglesias who was going to give a lecture. A lecture? Why a lecture? And why not Enrique Iglesias? And we don’t even understand Spanish. Then my alarm went off and I have no idea what would’ve happened next…

Anyway, let’s move on to something more sensible. Did you know that Europe has a rainforest? (I didn’t…) It’s surprising, but it’s true. Rainforests can grow in Europe’s temperate climate, the kind called temperate rainforests. Europe’s rainforest is in Bosnia and Herzegovina, near the Montenegrin border. Also, did you know that China’s Rainbow Mountains give the impression someone painted the mountains over? (it’s really interesting). Nobody did, though. The rainbow-like bands of Zhangye Danxia Geo-Park in China are completely natural. The colours are thanks to the deposition of various kinds of rock over millions of years. And finally, did you know that during World War I, a Canadian soldier made a black bear his pet? He named her Winnipeg. “Winnie” was later a resident of the London Zoological Gardens where she was an adored attraction, especially to a boy named Christopher Robin Milne, the son of A. A. Milne.

That’s it for today, Pals, be good and don’t forget to water your plants.