Perspiration Pals 24 January 2024

Hello there, Pals! How are you? I started typing this before 8 a.m., which is highly unusual nowadays but there’s peace and quiet here at work at the moment so I thought I’d use it well.

How did you start the day? I got up a couple of minutes earlier because I’m doing the Kickboxing challenge and a 51-minute routine was scheduled for today. (I don’t normally work out more than 46 minutes because then I wouldn’t have time to have breakfast.) It was one of my favourite kickboxing and abs routines which makes me feel like a badass boxer. Whether I look like a badass boxer is a different matter. I probably look like a big idiot but nobody sees me flailing around so…

Anyway, let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment. Let’s see what we’ve got. Did you know that Earth is actually the only place in the solar system where water exists in all three states (solid, liquid, gas)? And did you know that philosophers used to believe that thunder was the sound of clouds colliding? I used to be afraid of thunder when I was a toddler and my Mum told me it was just clouds fighting…Oh, and a little pop quiz or rather a little revision: the biggest known volcano in the solar system is so big, if you were standing on top of it you wouldn’t realise you’re standing on a mountain. Where is it and what’s it called?

All right, Pals, I must go now (I’ve been typing this for hours… not continuously.) and remember, if I don’t get back to you it’s not because I don’t care about your replies. Have an easy day and eat a clementine (random piece of advice).