Your favourite healthy coping mechanisms

Hi Blenders! I was thinking about this topic today because I am dealing with some strong emotions right now. My grandmother is very likely in the last days of her remarkably long 96 years of life, and with that comes a lot of difficult and mixed feelings.

I know many of us use exercise as a way of coping with and processing difficult life events, and for me this is definitely my favourite way to feel better. I did this mobility workout last night and it was so helpful!

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/intermediate-to-advanced-full-body-mobility-bored-easily-exercises-for-active-recovery-days?scheduledDate=2024-01-21

However, we obviously can't work out all the time, so I was curious to know what else you do to help your mental wellness in tough times.

For me, both playing and listening to music help a ton. I love playing piano, and listening to favourite music while I'm working is a big help too.

My other favourite thing to do is to put on an entertaining video or podcast and crochet. I love to set myself up on the couch with soft lighting, a warm blanket, and a nice cup of tea. It's cozy and restful, but I still feel productive and mentally stimulated.

What do you do for your mental health on tough days?