Perspiration Pals 18 January 2024

Hello Pals! I’ve decided to put off my task and pretend to be really busy by typing furiously like that GIF cat. It’s early spring today but tomorrow it’ll be winter again. The weather roller coaster is in town... I got on a bus yesterday thinking it would take me to where I wanted to go but the driver must have been distracted/demotivated/high/drunk because he forgot to take a turn. I looked around and seeing all the blank faces I assumed that I had taken the wrong bus so I got off at the next stop only to realise that it WAS indeed the right bus and apparently it was transporting sheep by a drunk driver and the shepherd (yours truly) left the flock. It was raining and by the time I got home my socks were drenched.

Anyway, I did Day 4 of the Kickboxing Challenge (Happy little Friday, by the way) and I think my lower body is going to be almost as sore as my upper body tomorrow. (I worked out with Tasha) Is anyone doing the kickboxing challenge…?

Let’s move on to our fact finder fragment. (Thank you for the weather reports in yesterday’s thread. 😊) Did you know that Machu Picchu is an earthquake-proof city? It rests on top of two fault lines in Peru. That means earthquakes were expected events. The Incas created a brilliant engineering technique called ‘ashlar masonry’, where rocks are cut to fit perfectly together without mortar. This allowed the stones to move in its place during an earthquake, before settling back in their original positions. Also, did you know that a real-life Spirited Away bathhouse exists in Taiwan? (Spirited Away is my favourite Hayao Miyazaki, if you haven’t seen it, you should.) Did you now that there’s a village in the Netherlands with no streets, only canals? Is that true, dear Dutch Pals?

I must go now, have an easy day and listen to good music.