Please share your fave knee-friendly lower body workouts!

Iā€™ve been faithfully working out with FB since 2018ish, and my absolute favorite thing is lower body strength training! I love squats as they make me feel strong & mobile.

Buuuut unfortunately, last week while doing squats I felt a sharp pain in my right knee, which Iā€™ve been observing for the last few days and it only shows up while doing squats & lunges. No pain any other time. Iā€™m kind of bummed since I love squats so much. But Iā€™m thinking of avoiding squats and lunges for a few weeks to see if it ā€˜healsā€™ (Iā€™m not entirely convinced that thereā€™s an actual injury since it doesnā€™t hurt any other time but I still donā€™t want to aggravate whatever it is). I kind of wonder if it could even be psycho-somatic as Iā€™ve just been through an extremely stressful couple of months.

Anyways, please share your favorite lower body workouts that donā€™t have a lot of squatting or lunging! I will create a tag and save them there, to do over the next few weeks. I want to keep strong legs despite the knee ā€˜issueā€™.

Ps. I have noticed that I can *carefully* do shallow squats, so I suppose I could just do squats that way when they do show up in a workout. Donā€™t want to aggravate anything though.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, especially from any of the trainers if you have any thoughts!