N

Intention for 2024 / looking for advice

UPDATE: since I posted this, I have successfully tried karting in snow, tobogganing down a high mountain, and have discovered two new trails. Thank you all! Currently on the FB Strong program because it makes me feel fierce and unstoppable.

Hi FB Family,

A mindset + fitness post:

As the year begins, I've been reflecting on the kind of life of led & the quality of life I'd like to live.

I've always been into arts & have never considered myself a sporty person - I'm beginning to tell myself these don't have to be mutually exclusive & I want to challenge this belief. Indoor workouts have been a gift and I've worked out nearly all my life as an adult.

My current life circumstances and experiences have made me realize I hold myself back - I don't trust my body on hikes when it comes to sure-footedness, I'm scared of speed which came in the way of learning skiing or any winter sport, and I can't swim though I have tried learning since 2020. I feel held back at times because a lot of our group activities involve outdoor/active sports. That said, I have never shied away from trying anything.

At the same time, I can dance or perform on stage without any fear.

I LOVE nature - so I'm hoping to build my stamina by continuing my FB workouts (currently on week 2 FB Jumpstart) hope to trust my body more + maybe pick up running since that is something I can pursue with less equipment.

Thanks for reading so far! I'd love your support, wishes, and tips to be more confident in the outdoors and to thrive outside the comfort zone! It has taken a lot for me to dig deep into my thoughts and be vulnerable here. I will continue to share my journey.

All the best to everyone for a great and healthy year ahead!

Edited