Perspiration Pals 10 January 2024

Hello Pals! How are you today? It’s a bright sunshiny day which doesn’t reflect my mood at all, to be honest. The snow that fell two days ago has almost disappeared (not that it was a lot to begin with) I miss winters with real snow. I know it sounds whining but when I was young there were four distinctive seasons with their own characteristics and I liked all of them for what they were. Now, summer is hell, winter is fine but I miss the snow, spring is almost non-existent and autumn is basically the extension of summer for at least one and a half months. There are a lot of things on my mind so if I seem distracted it’s because I am. (When you’ve been working hard to stay healthy but your body is working against you, it’s a bit disillusioning.) Let’s get down to business, though.

What’s scheduled for today? I’m freestyling this week so I started the day with a lower-body routine with Erica so sore muscles are guaranteed later today. I’m planning to do the kickboxing program from next week because punching the air is a better option than punching people who annoy me.

Let’s move on to our fluky fact finder fragment. Did you know that flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not the knee? They basically stand on tip-toe. Their knees are closer to the body and are covered by feathers. Did you know that a flock of ravens is called an “unkindness” They’re also known as a “conspiracy Also did you know that there’s a reason why passports come in four colours? Have you ever wondered why there isn’t a hot pink passport? The reasoning is because most countries prefer dark shades of red, green, and blue since these dark colours look more official and if they’re dirty, it’s not as noticeable. (Imagine handing your filthy little pink passport to the TSA/CAA/EASA or whatever official.)

All right, Pals, I need to go now, have an easy day (afternoon, or tomorrow morning) and feed the birds. (random piece of advice)

PS, no picture, sorry, I'm not in a good mood.