HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group January 8th 💪❄️

Hello all, welcome to your Monday thread. I know a lot of us have been struggling lately in various ways, so I wanted to find a quote that spoke to that.

"The beautiful thing about setbacks is they introduce us to our strengths." (Robin Sharma)

On this forum, we're pretty good about reaching out when we need support, and I know that several of us are struggling with illness, injury or other setbacks. If you feel like it, today I'd like us to step up and affirm some strengths. So, this is voluntary, but I think it would be healthy, kind to ourselves and supportive. Here's two from me. First, having a back injury has made me realize that, at least partly because of this community, I identify strongly as an "exerciser", and I've stayed active. Second, since at many times, all I was able to do was stretching and recovery, I've developed good flexibility. When the medical professionals ask me to bend this way and that, they seem pretty pleased with the results.. The new physical therapist is very optimistic that I will fully recover with a few months of guided exercising.

In other news, I managed 2 hours of snow shovelling (mostly with the sleigh-shovel), so my body is tired. Recovery day for me, probably just a bit of stretching. Tonight I want to re-try the melon and cucumber salad I made a while ago. Hopefully I have all the ingredients; I don't want to go out any more than I have to if the snow removal teams are at work.

Wishing you all a brilliant start of the week!