HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group January 6th

Good Saturday morning! Another cold day here, but it’s really because of the windchill factor. Take that out of the equation and we would be comfortable.

So I saw the quote above a few days ago and it really hit me like a ton of bricks. Something clicked in my brain and it got me seriously thinking about the level of effort I am putting into my health. My body deserves better than my wishy-washy motivation. Thus the goals I set for myself this month, including tracking my blood pressure, and the renewed focus I have put on developing healthy, lasting habits. Have you ever come across a quote that deeply affected you?

The one thing that I didn’t include into my goals is improving my sleep, and after a week of very bad sleep, it is clear that I have to bring that into focus. I was so tired yesterday afternoon that I did not complete day 4 of the new challenge. I could’ve honestly gone straight to bed after work. I keep waking up after 4 hours of sleep and most nights, I can’t fall back asleep until two or more hours later. I need to find ways to stay in bed and fall back asleep quickly. So far I’ve read about meditating and applying an ice pack to quickly cool down my body.

So what does this day hold for you? Any fun stuff happening? Planning a great meal? I will complete day 4 of the new challenge, as well as go for my daily walk and do more stretches for my lower body and back. I have a book that I borrowed from an online library to finish reading before tomorrow. We may take down our Christmas tree today. I will declutter the drawers beside my work desk. And David and I will resume our Saturday movie night. Not sure which movie we’ll watch.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! And hope that Julia is on the mends and feeling better.