Christmas Eve Ghostess: Sun, Dec 24th

Coucou les filles,

Can you believe it's already Christmas Eve? The year just seems to have flown by... in the blink of an eye we'll be starting a New Year.

But before we get there, stay a bit longer with me here in this check-in and tell me all about your day. Talk to me about workouts and dinners. Preparations for Christmas Eve if you're celebrating. Maybe you're wrapping up some last prezzies, popping over to the grocery store to get that one thing you forgot but absolutely need. Tell me, I'd love to know that I'm not the only one who forgets stuff or gets annoyed with all the customers who want the exact same thing you just picked up.

I'm telling you, yesterday nearly drove me mad. It's amazing how people turn into these crazy psycho's, they all descend like a mass of wildebeast in the shop, trampling each other to get there first. And don't get me started on those who suddenly spot Fred, their old neighbor. They block the whole aisle with their shopping trolleys just to ask how Fred's sister Charlotte's ulcer is now. And when you politely ask to move so you can pass, they look at you as if you're a party pooper. Djeez!!!

Sorry, rambling....

Anyways, no workouts for me here. I've been up since 0630am and in total prep mode. Yuna is at work till 1245, all dressed up to the nines to dazzle the last minute shoppers. I'm up to my elbows in food prep, that is to say my part of it meaning pastries. I've tried my hand on making eclairs and I must say they look pretty good. They're cooling down as I'm typing this to be filled with pastry cream and cherries. Hubs is at the table pealing shrimp, the eggs are boiling away... At the moment things are going smoothly, let's hope it stays that way. We're having a fish platter with some warm mini sandwiches or rolls (whatever they're called, we call 'm pistoletjes). I told Marie and JC we're making two extra plates so she wouldn't need to bother cooking.

Oh and in case you haven't figured it out yet, we're celebrating today. We'll have a nice meal later in the afternoon, open up prezzies in the evening and watch the final LOTR movie with a bunch of snacks.

I guess that's about all for me here. I don't really have a question for you and if I should have one it would probably be:

When are you celebrating Christmas and do you do something special? Is it just your family or are you inviting the whole neighborhood? Hmm, come to think of it, nope that wouldn't be for me. The thought alone gives me the djeebiees!

Anyway, thanks once again for reading this far. I hope I haven't put you off of checking in here. I'm busy and running around but I'll be sure to pop in from time to time to see if you ladies wrote something.

For now, have a marvelous day!!🥰

Edited