Perspiration Pals 21 December 2023

Hi Pals! Here I am again with one of my senses missing. Smell. Normally, I wouldn’t mind because it would make commuting slightly better… but right now… not being able to fully smell and taste food? So not fair. I mean I can taste sweet, salty, and sour but no depth. I hate, hate this plague!

And I was robbed of my whole second paragraph because this section is supposed to be about how I started the day exercise-wise but now all I can say is well, I woke up and did some stretching in bed. Which made me cough. The end. How about you? A 1000-cal routine perhaps? Hm? (oh dear… even the thought gives me a coughing fit..)

So I’ll quickly move on to our fact-finder fragment. I started watching a documentary about chimpanzees on Netflix last night so I thought I’d give you some chimp-related facts. I must add that I prefer gorillas (if we’re talking about our ape cousins) Chimps are so much like us. Did you know that chimpanzees have been observed using 58 different gesture types to communicate with each other? A team of researchers studied video footage of wild chimpanzees at Uganda's Budongo Forest Reserve and recorded over 2,000 gestures. A study also showed that toddlers share nearly 90 percent of gestures, such as jumping, hugging, and stomping, with chimpanzees. Did you know that chimps can catch human illnesses? I’m sure you did. Come to think of it, I’ve already mentioned chimpanzees in one of my posts but it was mainly about how strong they are.

In the meantime I tested myself and who’s back to her old negative self? Who? This girl! I’m far from being well but at least my immune system has won the main battles.