HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 21st

Hello beautiful Blenders,

The darkest day of the year. What will you do to light it up?

My work story finally came to an end yesterday. Here is a short recap. I think the last I wrote was about the higher pay scale my university offered me and I said yes, but… They sent me the draft contract and they ignored my “but…”. They told me that they can't do anything about my actual work situation. So I declined the offer and pointed out that stepping back from so much money should be an indicator of how bad the work situation is. It took them a while to send a confirmation but they did without any more unpleasant emails. At the same time, while this was going on the other university called me a couple of times telling me how great my interview was and they would be so excited to have me in their team with my expertise and qualifications, that was really nice to hear after all my current university put me through, and they are working hard with HR to make me an official offer, which also matches my financial expectations. Yesterday then came the offer. I accepted. I'm currently taking my remaining holiday and from February onwards I will work for the other university 😅 I'm actually really excited.

Let's talk about workouts. Mine will be carrying baby's around, making sure that there is still space on the ground to walk (it looks like a bomb exploded 😜) and just make sure that my daughter and her husband get a break from chores and child minding.

What have you planned?

Wishing you all that your day just sparkles ✨