Perspiration Pals 20 December 2023

Hello there, Pals! How are you? My immune system decided to go to battle with the plague alias covid. Truth be told I wasn’t that surprised because people around me kept falling like bowling pins. So when I woke up on Saturday with this strange headache I thought ‘hmm… what a funny headache it’s exactly like the one I had after my third booster shot… nooooooo!’ Reader, about an hour later I had a fever and felt rotten. And tested positive the following day.

When I don’t even think about working out, in fact, the very thought of working out makes me feel even sicker, I know I’m sick. So I rescheduled the FB Strong 5-day challenge. I’m a bit apprehensive about how badly my lungs are affected because almost everybody I know here (and in real life) complained about getting breathless a lot sooner than before. We’ll see…

Let’s move on to our fact-finder fragment. So here there are: did you know that the Earth’s rotation is changing speed? It's actually slowing. This means that, on average, the length of a day increases by around 1.8 seconds per century. 600 million years ago a day lasted just 21 hours. Luckily there weren’t people around to complain that they only had 21 hours to do all the things they wanted to do in a day… While thinking about this also know that your brain is constantly eating itself. This process is called phagocytosis, where cells envelop and consume smaller cells or molecules to remove them from the system. But don’t worry, phagocytosis isn't harmful, but actually helps preserve your grey matter. Finally, did you know that animals can experience time differently from humans? To smaller animals, the world around them moves more slowly compared to humans. Salamanders and lizards, for example, experience time more slowly than cats and dogs. This is because the perception of time depends on how quickly the brain can process incoming information. Imagine being able to talk to a tortoise: Yes, yes, I’m 120 years old. No, no you’re not, you’re only 60. Oh… it feels like 120…

All right, Pals, I’ll go back to worrying about the fact that I haven’t done any Christmas shopping yet. Hopefully, I’ll get back to my old negative self by Friday…