Sourdough Saturday and Sunday Stew

Good day/evening/whatever it is in your world.

Hope all of you are enjoying this time. Thought I would share what we did over the last two evenings in the meal department. Maybe it will spark some ideas for you.

Saturday was the use of the weekly sourdough feeding. I made ham and cheese calzones with a little buckwheat flour for a nuttier flavor. This time I use a mustard (yellow and dijon) sauce with parmesan and asiago. To round out the filling was the following: Sauteed shitaki mushroom, white onion, sweet bell peppers, garlic and about 1 oz of pepperjack and provolone cheese mixture. Those were nummy.

Sunday, today at time of posting, Storm made a hearty soup with ham, a ham bone, celery, white onion, carrots, and black eyed peas or cowpeas they are sometimes called. Then as it was cooking we decided to throw in the roasted squash we had leftover from the garden harvest. They were the last of the season and a cross of pumkin and something else. Thanks to our fabulous local flying pollinators.

This addition, along with the roasted garlic, made a very hearty and excellent tasting stew.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful pre-winter solstice week. Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Edited