Perspiration Pals 13 November 2023

Hello there, Pals! How are you? It’s an ugly, rainy, grey and hopeless day and it’s gonna be long too because we have a meeting at 6 p.m….yay… Anyway, I thought I’d start the day by doing a longish upper-body routine with Tasha because I’m a masochist. Apparently. It was a good routine, though, except for the push up variations part… I cannot for the life of me do decent push ups. I know I should practise it a lot but since I don’t enjoy doing them, I don’t. Also, it would be easier if I had even shorter arms and wider shoulders. And serious back muscles.

By the way, I’m doing the Anywhere challenge (or program, I don’t know) but since I’m not doing it anywhere else than my living room, I’ve swapped 80% of the routines so far…

I’m going through a bad patch so I find it difficult to focus on anything really so I have no idea what to write about in my fact finder fragment. So let’s talk about why we might find it difficult to focus sometimes. Reason 1: You’re tired. You might be sleep deprived, you’re fed up with the rat race and you need a break. Reason 2: You receive a lot of bad news. Not necessarily awful ones but once you start worrying you might find it difficult to stop. Reason 3: You hate what you’re working on. I don’t think I have to elaborate why this might make it hard to focus. Here’s your homework: Find out more about the so-called Pomodoro Method.

Since I haven’t done this for a while now, I’ll tell you that it’s St. Lucia Day today. Lucia converted to Christianity and she took food and aid to Christians hiding in the Roman catacombs. She wore a candle-lit wreath on her head to light her way, which also allowed her hands to be free to carry as much food as possible. Funny… the name Lucia/Lucy (whatever form of Lucia) means light. Was her name a kind of self-fulfilling prophesy on behalf of her parents? I mean they had no idea that one day their daughter would be waking around with fire on top of her head but they named their daughter Light…

All right, Pals, I need to go now, have an easy day!