HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 11th 🧘🥦

Hello all, welcome to your Monday thread -- and I do mean welcome everyone, whether you're reading or posting 😊

Lately, I've been seeing messages about visiting friends and relatives and noticing people seeming tired and frazzled. So as we head into that time of year where we may socialize more than any other, here's a thought from Albert Camus:

“Do not be afraid of spending quality time by yourself. Find meaning or don’t find meaning, but 'steal' some time and give it freely and exclusively to your own self. Opt for privacy and solitude. That doesn’t make you antisocial or cause you to reject the rest of the world. But you need to breathe. And you need to be.” (Albert Camus)

It's Monday, you probably don't have any social events today, go ahead and revel it in it 😆 I'm glad it's a quiet weekday, and I'm glad I don't have any parties this week. (I think.) With a calmer schedule, it's easier to get back to regular workouts. I have my rescheduled day from Reach challenge, and I've added a short "hip strengthening complex". Will see how that goes. Right now I'm feeling happy and grateful that the back pain (post-shoveling) that woke me up yesterday, is mostly gone. I guess the stretches -- Kelli's tension relief and Kayla's spinal health -- and just basically moving around probably helped. There's still a bit of an ache, but overall this is a better recovery than I've had for most of the year.

Food has been good as well. Yesterday I tried a new recipe for a cucumber green smoothie, with rhubarb compote instead of pineapple, and last night I roasted some broccoli with carrots and made a peanut sauce, which was just right to dress up the leftover tofu and rice. So I'm on track with my resolution to try at least one new workout and new recipe a week. Of course, with the new kitchen gadget, I have to look up cooking times and temperatures for everything.

Over to you, how is your day shaping up? What is your workout plan these days? Breaking out any great recipes? And your week, will it be gentle or, ahem, exciting?