Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Am I doing something wrong?

Have you ever had the experience where you read through comments on a workout you’ve completed, many of which read “That was so much fun!” or “Can’t wait to do it again - instant favourite” and wonder if you were doing the same workout?

I’m the sort of person who doesn’t believe in just showing up for a workout; I have to push myself as hard as I can. Every weight selection has to be carefully curated so that I’m working to feel fully challenged, even if it’s less convenient.

I realise that I’m probably not in the best state of mind tonight. I did Tasha’s newest kickboxing/strength workout this afternoon and am absolutely ruined. I’d already done days 3, 4 and 5 of Erica’s Bored Easily challenge in the run up to today, so was by no means fresh, but I worked right up to my limit (to the extent that I thought I was going to faint at one point, and almost had an exercise-induced panic attack, which hasn’t happened for nearly a year). I acknowledge that I should probably have stopped before that point, but I’m nothing if not stubborn.

Do most people go through workouts just being content to tick the exercises off, rather than pushing themselves? I’ve been under a lot of stress at work, I’m tired all the time and I’m starting to think that maybe I should rein back on the workouts.

Any thoughts appreciated.