Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New 5 Day Challenge Trainer Series: Level Up with Tasha

Good morning FB Family!

I’m so excited to share this new 5-day challenge focused on taking your lifting to the next level with time under tension training for muscle growth and increased strength:

5 Day Challenge Trainer Series: Level Up with Tasha

If you plan to jump into the challenge this week, note that this is your place to share your thoughts and progress with the Community as you make your way through the next five days of workouts. I'll be around to answer questions and provide encouragement all week long in the comment thread below!

The challenge includes two lower body and two upper body strength-forward days with sprinkles of HIIT (high intensity interval training) and cardio to enhance your resistance training gains. Midway through the challenge, you’ll also complete a less intense core and bodyweight active recovery routine for a mix of targeted core work and restorative total body movement so that you can tackle the second half of the challenge with refreshed vigor!

This challenge is for anyone comfortably following a consistent strength training routine in search of creative ways to up the intensity of your lifting regimen without necessarily bumping up the weights just yet. Slowing down the tempo of your lifts and increasing muscle time under tension with compound supersets (focusing on muscles of similar function during consecutive working intervals) is a fun way to help you bridge the gap between your current weights and your goal weights.

When determining if this challenge is the right fit for you, note that there isn’t necessarily a specific time frame to be deemed a “consistent strength training” exerciser – the duration could be anything from a couple of months to a few years but truly depends on your current fitness level, goals, previous training experiences, and overall comfort with completing standard strength training exercises with safe/proper form.

If you have a hunch that this challenge might be a little too intense for your current fitness level or experience, check out today's other release, Essentials with Erica, which is a more beginner-friendly version of this challenge. Use Essentials with Erica as a way to build up to this challenge. Remember that consistency, progress, and confidence come from repetition! Approach any of our 5 day challenges as repeatable phases of training intended to be inserted, swapped, and adapted into your schedule to match whatever goals and preferences you’re leaning towards throughout your training cycles.

Also remember that I’m with you for every muscle-quaking, sweat-pouring, and “oh my goodness” moment of this 5-day challenge! Make sure to share your comments, questions, and musings with the FB community and me as you journey through each workout – I guarantee you that someone else is thinking exactly what you’re thinking or wants to know the answer to whatever it is you’re pondering (such as, “does Tasha have a facial expression for every emotion?”…the answer is yes).

See you on the screen!

-Tasha