Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout! 2 Week Challenge Day 8: Lower Body Strength

Good morning Fitness Blender Family! We’re rolling into our second week of the free 2 week challenge with a lower body strength and HIIT combo from me, Tasha: 

2 Week Challenge Day 8: Lower Body Strength Workout

We alternate between two lower body strength circuits and two HIIT (high intensity interval training) circuits to challenge your muscles and lungs in this 30-minute workout. Adjust your weight selections, range of motion for each exercise, pacing, and options for modifications versus progressions to adapt this workout to your training goals and needs of the day. You determine the overall intensity! The straightforward exercises each have options for decreasing the difficulty or bumping up the intensity so that you can customize each move for a workout experience that matches your personal preferences and capabilities.

Although the goal of HIIT is an all-out effort, keep in mind that the perception of high intensity is unique to each individual. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself and push the pace during the HIIT circuits! These segments are much shorter than the strength circuits and are intended to incite a brief heart rate spike to complement (not overshadow) your resistance training.  

Think of this workout as a challenging but manageable endeavor – despite being out of breath or feeling your muscles burning, you should feel in control of your efforts from start to finish. And if you’re wondering about how to improve your form, posture, and range of motion for your lifts, no worries, your next workout is a restorative mobility routine with Kayla.   

Thanks for hanging out with me during this challenge! Share your comments (post-workout selfies are always welcome), stay the course to finish strong with my teammates, and start thinking about what goals you might have for the rest of the year after completing this challenge.

Looking forward to seeing you on the screen during this and future workouts!

— Tasha