Perspiration Pals 23 November 2023

Hello Pals! How are you today? It was -1 °C this morning so winter is here. I really like these cold, sunny mornings. I know it’s weird and most people like summer and all the activities summer can offer but I prefer cold crisp air to the smell of garbage and armpits.

I managed to send myself to bed a bit earlier and surprise, surprise I slept a bit better. I’m not saying I didn’t swear when my alarm went off but it was quite half-hearted. I did Day 18 of Abs 3 which was a non-stop cardio routine with Erica. It was meant to be a recovery routine but it wasn’t that easy. Is anyone doing Abs 3 at the moment? Do I have a workout buddy?

Let’s move on to our fact finder fragment. Fortunately, I’m not obsessed with burning calories and hopefully neither are you but let me give you some interesting facts about some bizarre or funny ways to burn calories. Did you know that banging your head against a wall uses 150 Calories an hour? (don’t do that!) Also, you can burn up to 350 more Calories per day if you fidget rather than someone who remains stationary. Are you fidgety? Missing a night of sleep causes the body to burn about an extra 161 calories. (no, thank you.) Constant texting can burn 40 Calories per hour. Hugging for one hour can burn 70 Calories and finally, singing in the shower can burn an extra 10-20 Calories per song, depending on the volume and pitch of your voice.

All right, Pals, that’s it from me today, Pals in the States, Happy Thanksgiving! Other Pals, happy little Friday!