HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group November 20th 👟

Hello Blendfriends! Does winter make you sleepy? The cold weather is setting in here (highs of about 2C for the last few days) and I just don't want to get out of bed! I'm about to go do a nice floor Pilates workout this morning, that's almost like lying down, right? Quote today in honor of the chill "It's only cold if you're standing still." It's even true. Walking in mild cool weather like this is quite pleasant!

Yesterday we did our grocery run on foot. It's about 1.5 km from the house, so it's a good walk. I think we'll try to go on foot more often, having a car makes it too easy to be lazy about that. I've been told that a car should go out once a month at minimum, for the tires or something, but we could walk or the other times.

After our walk I made a very rare supper for us, hamburgers! Being a "flexitarian", I almost never make food that puts meat front and center like that, even if that's how my parents cooked. I've had cooking on the mind a lot lately, I'll blame cooler temperatures. Anyone here have an opinion on air fryers? Or pressure cookers? We had an office conversation about the marvels of air fryers and instant-pot type pressure cookers, which led me to look at multicookers (but not for long, they're intimidating!). It looks like an air fryer could help me get into cooking tofu. And also save heaps of energy and maybe time. So if you have one of those modern gadgets, let me know what you like or dislike about it. Alternately, if you have any failsafe tofu recipes, that would also be great.

Well, I'd better wrap this up and get working out. If you're working out today, I hope you feel strong and accomplished. If you're resting today, I hope you'll feel refreshed. And remember that everyone is welcome to read and post on the check-in threads.

Have a fabulous day!