Perspiration Pals 16 November 2023

Hello Pals! Winter is coming. Here, at least, Lynna would definitely argue with this statement. As usual, I don’t really have to time to start the thread and to be honest, it’s starting to weigh on me a little. I consider myself a rather boring person so when I volunteered to host PP on Wednesdays and Thursdays too, I quickly invented this fact finder fragment to make things a bit more interesting. It involves a little research which I really don’t mind doing when I have the time and when I’m not at work because once I get here it’s wall-to-wall ‘do this, do that, oh and it’s urgent’… Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that I might not be able to start the thread at my usual time, preferably before 10 a.m. and I don’t want to be in a flap about it. Thank you for your understanding.

Let’s talk about exercise now. I started the day – after a pathetic struggle to get out of bed – with a total body (mostly core and upper body) routine with Erica, which turned out to be quite refreshing but now I can feel a headache creeping in and I’m tired. How about you? What’s scheduled for today?

Yesterday, I decided to continue watching Life on Our Planet right before bed and there was this funny scene in which cute frogs were trying to catch dragonflies. I don’t think the frogs found it funny because their success rate was really bad. So let me tell you some fun facts about dragonflies and why it’s so difficult to observe or catch them. First of all, they have nearly 360-degree vision. Like Sauron from Lord of the Rings they practically see everything. Dragonflies are expert fliers. They can fly straight up and down, hover like a helicopter and even mate mid-air. If they can’t fly, they’ll starve because they only eat prey they catch while flying. In fact, the flight of the dragonfly is so special that it has inspired engineers who dream of making robots that fly like dragonflies. Do you like dragonflies? I find them fascinating. Modern dragonflies, that is, not the ones from the Paleozoic era. Those were HUGE.

All right, Pals, I need to go now, have an easy day and a nice chat here if you have the time to check in.