Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Goodbye Loki, we will miss you ❤️

Hello FB Family,

I know it’s been a long while since we've checked in. I hope you’re all doing well and that you’ve been taking good care of yourselves.

With a heavy heart, we wanted to let you know that we recently had to say goodbye to our precious friend Loki. At the beginning of summer, he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, an aggressive form of bone cancer. We had the privilege of taking some time away from other responsibilities to just be with him, care for him when he needed us the most. We soaked up every good day that we could together. We made him our sole focus and I’m so glad now that we had that time together.

Loki was my first dog. I really didn’t know what I was getting myself into - I don’t think I fully understood how much of my world he would become, how much I would just utterly adore him. Loki was nothing but joy in our lives, just a bottomless source of joy and love. The three of us shared an entire language. The feeling was that as long as the three of us were together, we were home. We would have done anything for him and we knew he loved us right back, just as hard.

A note we shared about our friend Loki, a few months back:

I know that many of you found him really cute in pictures (and the occasional video cameo) but the truth is that Loki’s personality was so much more endearing, lovable, and pleasant in person. He was kind hearted, energetic, always excited about life. He was so funny, and so smart. A gentle giant. He always seemed to be intuitive to our feelings, and tried his best to check on us and cheer us up if he thought we were sad or stressed. He was quirky, and particular, and friendly. He was very expressive, communicative and had a large vocabulary of words and sentences that he understood. He loved long walks, and sleeping in late. He was as lazy or as energetic as we were at any given moment - as long as we were together, he was content. He was highly food motivated and could hear a cheese stick being unwrapped from any room in the house. He was beautiful. He was strong, agile, and fast like an athlete, even in his old age and medical condition. He was totally unaware of his size (at 95 pounds) and no lap was too small for an attempted sitdown. He had a ton of extra skin (seemingly a whole extra dog’s worth), and his fur was really soft. He was so comforting to hug. He was the best company, and I know we will miss him for the rest of our lives.

Loki joined our family right as we left our day jobs to work from home on Fitness Blender full time. He was like our shadow for almost 12 years, the three of us nearly inseparable. Loki was just out of frame or at our feet for every video Daniel and I have ever filmed and edited, every program we created, and every business meeting, so in a sense Loki was very much a part of every aspect of Fitness Blender. Really it still feels strange that he’s not snoring at my feet while I’m writing this, right now.

We wanted to thank all of you for your patience while we spent time with our dear friend. Thank you also for your kind words of support when we shared that Loki was sick. We read each of your messages and found it comforting to know that we were doing the right thing, taking the time to be with him. Also, it’s clear that we have a lot of people who really love their pets and fur family here in our Community - thank you for sharing your own stories of special pets that have touched and passed through your own lives. Thank you for letting us share Loki with you over the years, for enjoying him with us.

Kelli and Daniel

PS we have flooded the comments below with extra Loki pictures. Couldn’t help it 🩵

Edited