Help! I’ve torn my hip labrum

Hi folks,

Would really appreciate some help! I re-tore my right hip labrum yesterday (by standing up) after tearing it about four years ago. I have hip dysplasia and some pretty nasty tears in each leg - I’m currently waiting on surgery for both legs to get each tear sorted but, due to the pandemic, the waiting lists are very long. I’ve got a physio appointment for next Wednesday to have a chat about it but I’d appreciate some advice in the meantime!

It’s been a few years since I originally tore my hips so I’m a bit foggy on what to do straight after. My exercise routine is made up of a LOT of Pilates/Yoga and lots of Kelli’s hip strengthening routines (hoping to get back to them asap!) unfortunately, standing up seems to be the movement which tears my hips but there’s nothing I can really do about that...

I’ve changed my desk to a standing desk as going from sitting to standing is a pain nightmare. I’m continuing to walk around the block, as the more I move, the better I feel. In terms of working out, I’ve rescheduled everything to upper body. I’ve got my trusty hip pillow for sleeping.

When I first tore my hips years ago I was misdiagnosed for months and, as a result, my recovery was very slow and debilitating. I’m hoping that I won’t repeat that pattern this time around. If anyone has had a similar l experience, I would be super grateful if you could share some advice.

Thank you!

Soph

Edited