Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

New Guided Mindful Eating Practice

Did you like Candice's article on mindful eating (see here: 3 Benefits of Mindful Eating)?

Bringing mindfulness to daily repetitive tasks like eating (or showering, brushing your teeth, getting dressed) can actually improve our relationship with that activity and grow to appreciate the small parts of our day. When we are innundated with so many stressors, finding ways to appreciate even the little things can be a huge win. Plus, mindful eating is linked with intuitive eating, improved relationships with our body and body image, and appreciation for the food itself. I know I need to take time to remind myself of these every now and then. 

I wanted to expand on Candice's article to provide a guided practice — one where you are being talked through the process of how to be mindful while eating. I know for some people, particularly those starting out in meditation and mindfulness practices, self-guided practice can feel awkward and clunky. Having a guided practice at first can be a jumping off place to give you ideas on how the practice can go. 

Guided Mindful Eating Practice

So, give this one a try and let me know how it goes. How did the mindfulness change the experience of eating for you?